Live your life intentionally with self-shaping snippets to be shared on the second Monday of each month. These monthly snippets will help move you towards what you would like to see in your life by shaping your thoughts and actions.
This month’s snippet is about cleaning out the old to make space for the new. Both in your mind and your space.
Think about who you are and who you are becoming. These prompts may help you:
- If you had only one sentence to tell someone what you would like to see in your life, what would the sentence be? Say it aloud now, or write (or type) it down.
- If you were creating a ‘brand’ to showcase yourself, what would the brand’s message be?
Don’t judge yourself, this is for you, big or small, it doesn’t matter. Once you are aware of what you want in your life, you can take action to move yourself in the right direction. You can even pick a word of the year to help prompt your daily actions – see below.
Space shaping (decluttering)
Now consider physically cleaning out your space. Can you challenge yourself to remove items in your space that no longer add-value to your life? I completed an exercise to remove 27 (non-purposeful) items each day for 9 days, I enjoyed it and recommend you give it a go by starting today. If you have items that are no longer useful or provide you any joy, but you still can’t let them go, can you take a photo of them and then release them? Can someone else use them?
Word of the year
Reading so many posts about a word of the year has inspired me to pick my first ever WOTY, and I encourage you to join in the fun. I say fun as you don’t have to take it too seriously or worry about it not being the “right” word for your 2021. Change it later if you find it’s not serving you!
Mine is “worthiness” (and all derivatives of course).
To help select my word I completed an exercise by asking myself what I saw as needing my attention to guide me through 2021 but also into 2022 and beyond. This is an ongoing process and may change. See below for some pondering that assisted me in selecting “worthiness”. If you have a WOTY let us know in the comments section below.
|/ˈwɜːðinəs/ from ‘worth’ Old English|
|1. worthiness (to be/do something) the fact of having the necessary qualities for something|
We have accomplished many things and don’t need to prove our worthiness.
|2. the quality of being correct or good enough to deserve your respect or attention|
Where I find a lack of worthiness in my thoughts, I acknowledge this and let them go.
Prompts to choosing worthiness as my WOTY
- Are my daily choices I make providing worthiness to my life, guiding me where I want to be?
- I have a voice, will my voice or perhaps my silence bring more worthiness to this situation?
- Is what I pay attention to worthy of my attention?
- Is this a worthwhile thought? Is it adding any value or can I let it be?
- Is this a good use of my time, or is my time worth more somewhere else?
- All humans are worthy, though we make choices that aren’t perfect, our worthiness still exists.
- I see worthiness to myself and others by finding something to love and giving out kindness.
- Feng Shui 27 items challenge in https://youryearofmiracles.com/ – no affiliation with this blog.