Live your life intentionally with self-shaping snippets to be shared on the second Monday of each month (yes, a little late this month but that’s okay, we’re only human right!). These monthly snippets will help move you towards what you would like to see in your life by shaping your thoughts and actions.
This month’s snippet is about realising deep inside your soul that you cannot control others.
- You can try to control others but ultimately they can do what they like, and so can you (of course there are consequences to actions).
- Others can, and will, think what they like no matter what you do, and that is okay, you are not them and they are not you.
- They can be right or wrong about you, they are allowed to do and say what they please. Know this as a truth and you will save yourself some shouting and frustration over the years.
- Those times where you may have to be around others you find a little higher on the narcissistic scale, learn how to manage them appropriately – do not see this management as ‘fake’, it is reasoned and intelligent.
- It’s freeing to know you cannot control other people. That way you can be yourself and so can they.
It sounds simple and it can be, your mind is very powerful so why not use it to your advantage.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.John Wooden
Quote from brainyquote.com